Between shipping holiday packages, planning the family trip, and baking cookies, the holidays can be extraordinarily busy. Fortunately, The UPS Store® can help keep the holidays happy and hassle-free. Rely on certified packing experts at The UPS Store to pack and ship your gifts right. Participating locations offer The UPS Store Pack & Ship Guarantee®, which reimburse customers the cost of packaging materials and service as well as shipping costs in the event a center-packed item shipped via UPS is lost or damaged*.
Follow these shipping tips for a less-stressed holiday:
- Ship early. Procrastination may lead to longer lines. Also, planning provides you more shipping options.
- Consult the experts first. Check with The UPS Store Certified Packing Experts® before shipping fragile items or items that might be considered hazardous or illegal to ship.
- Use materials the professionals use. Use a new cardboard box designed for shipping, professional-grade packaging tape, and packaging material like bubble cushioning (at least two inches all around) to protect your gifts.
- Print an extra shipping label. Include a label inside the package with the destination AND return addresses.
- Use tracking. Choose a shipping option, like the ones at UPS that provide a package tracking number.
- Take batteries out. Remove batteries from toys, electronics, etc. before shipping and wrap them separately to avoid contact with metal.
- Shipping sweets? Seal home-made holiday treats in an interior airtight container or plastic bag before packing and send them via expedited air service, such as UPS Next Day Air®.
- Ship wrapped presents in advance. Lighten your holiday travel load, especially if you're traveling by air, by shipping gifts ahead to your destination.
- Save on shipping boxes and other supplies. You can save on shipping supplies and services at over 4,600 retail The UPS Store locations simply by showing your AAA membership card.
December 25 falls on a Monday this year so the last days to ship for a December 22 arrival are:
- UPS 3 Day Select® by December 18
- UPS 2nd Day Air® by December 20
- UPS Next Day Air® by December 21
Ensure your holiday shipments arrive on time. Click to view the complete UPS 2017 Year-End Holiday Schedule for shipping deadlines.
*Subject to certain restrictions and limitations.